Many users often report the issue of outlook connects error 10060 which restricts them from sending the emails. It refers explicitly to a timeout while communicating with the email service provider. Socket error 10060 in most instances is related to the SMTP settings for the user’s email. With the help of this post, you will get to know about the different solutions that will help you in eliminating this error.
Causes of error 10060
- A corrupt download or fragmentary installation of Microsoft Outlook software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Microsoft Outlook-related software change.
- Virus or malware attack due to which the Microsoft outlook related program and windows files are corrupted.
- A program that accidentally deleted the files related to Microsoft Outlook.
- “Error 10060” appears and crashes the running program window.
- Your system frequently crashes with Error 10060 while running the same program.
- “Microsoft Outlook Error 10060” is presented on the screen.
- Windows runs very slow and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your system constantly freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Here are some methods that can help you in eliminating the error code 10060 from your system.
Method 1. Check the web proxy connection
- Step1: You need to start your system with administrative rights.
- Step2: In the next step, go to start and click on “Run app” and type inetcpl.cpl and then click on “OK.”
- Step3: Internet Properties windows appear on your screen, click on connection tab and then go to the Lan settings.
- Step4: The settings of LAN will appear on your screen, navigate to “Use a proxy for your Lan box, and let it be unselected. Now click on ‘OK.”
- Step5: Now, try to open the website again and check the error 10060 should be fixed.
Method 2. Expand the time-out limit for the loading websites
This method entails making changes in Windows Registry. Therefore, to avoid any damage and any data loss, you should backup the registry.
- Step1: Firstly open the Registry Editor. Go to the Run app from the Start, type regedit and click OK.
- Step2: In the next step, you need to go to the registry subkey and then click on “Request Timeout Secs” and then press the Modify button.
- Step3: Locate the decimal from where you can extend the time limit for loading the websites, you can set this to 180 and more.
- Step4: Once you are done with the above step, click on “OK.”
- Step5: After making alterations, reboot your computer.
Method 3. Verify Email Client Settings
If you are encountering the Socket Error 10060 while sending emails from Microsoft Outlook account, you should verify your client settings too.
- Step1: Turn on your computer and log in with administrative rights.
- Steps2: Now, open the Microsoft Outlook, go to Tools and then click on Accounts.
- Step3: Look for the tab of mail, on the window of “Internet Accounts.” You need to open it, a list of accounts will appear on your screen, double-click on your account.
- Step4: In the next step, you need to select the server tab from the displayed Account Properties. Now, you need to verify the details. If the client settings are accurate, there might be an issue with the authentication procedure. Thus, you need to enable that Authentication, for this you need to look for the “My server requires authentication box” and mark it as a tick, and then click on “OK.”
Even after following the steps mentioned above, you are not able to fix the error code 10060; there is no need to get panic if you are unable to do so. You can take help from us if you are located in Dubai, all you need to do is make a call on our service helpline number. We have gathered a team of certified specialists that can solve even the most complicated issues of your computers and laptops in minimal time and at affordable rates.