Many Apple users have reported an iPhone Error Code 18 or iTunes Error code 18, which occurs when the media library on the device is corrupt and cannot be modified or updated. When you are trying to download a certain application or updating to the latest firmware, then the iTunes application installed says that you must restore to but when you try to restore it says the “iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error (18)” has occurred. The error message describes you will need to have the latest version of iTunes and when you are restoring you come across an error code along with the message. You can follow the blog steps to fix the iPhone Error code 18 and have the problem free running iDevice with you.
Follow the troubleshooting solutions step to solve the iPhone Error code 18:
Change the settings to restore. Set to data factory settings using iTunes you need to follow the procedure of restoring the device.
• On your iPhone go to the settings section
• And then go to general tab do perform the full delete of all settings and data
• Now you need to do hard-reset of your iPhone by just holding the power key and home key still Apple logo appears
• Visit back to iTunes application on your smartphone
• iTunes now recognise the iPhone and offers to set it up for fresh and need to perform a restore
• You need to press the restore button and agree to the prompts to complete the process
• iTunes will download the latest firmware, and now you can restore your iDevice
In case the solution did not help you in fixing the Apple error 18 you can go to next method
You can update the iTunes to the latest version of iTunes. By having the latest version of iTunes will solve your problem, and do the same you can follow the blog steps.
• Open the iTunes applications installed on your iPhone
• Click on the help of the main menu bar at the top of the iTunes on the window prompt
• Next, you need to click on check for updates, and you will receive a prompt saying a new version of iTunes is available
• You can download the iTunes by tapping on the download icon
• You can follow the prompts as well to install the latest version of iTunes application
Solution 3: Synching. Follow the syncing process to try to restore your iPhone and get rid of error code 18
• You need to turn off the smartphone via undock
• Press home key and re-dock while a home key is pressed
• Your iPhone will go into recovery mode with iTunes logo and cable picture being displayed on the screen
• Follow the iTunes instructions, and it will help to recover the iPhone efficiently and start syncing.
And with this, the error code 18 should be solved. In case you have stuck anywhere on the blog while following the steps you can connect with us. We have a professional tech team who handle your problem with care and solve instantly. You can communicate with our experienced technicians via calling on our toll-free number any hour of day and night. Tech experts guide you in the right direction so as you can get rid of error code 18 immediately.