Microsoft Outlook Express is one of the most popular email clients which is used by millions of users worldwide for personal as well as professional use. Like other email clients, Outlook also allows the users to compose and upload emails and organize information such as address book contacts, calendar dates, etc. But sometimes, this email client become very unpleasant for many end users due to sudden occurrence of any errors in it. Outlook error 0x800ccc0f is one such very popular error which aborts the users to use some email activities on a regular basis.
What is Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc0f?
While using the MS Outlook application, if the SMTP-based email is receiving or sending operation fails, the users encounter the message ” Sending/Receiving reported error 0x800ccc0f: The connection to the server was interrupted.” If you are thinking that your PC will show some signs before displaying this error, then be prepared for a surprise because this error arises without any kind of consequences or without any warning message. This error can plague any version of Microsoft Outlook. Once if this error occurs, it is obvious to find the exact reason behind this error to resolve it completely.
Reasons behind Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc0f:
It is important to know the reasons for the occurrence of this error. Because If you understand the reason behind the error, you will be able to troubleshoot it. Let’s take a look at the possible reasons which led to this error:
- Slow internet connectivity problems with MS server
- Firewall blocked the Microsoft Outlook incoming and outgoing messages
- Any technical issues with mail server settings
- Due to the corrupted Outlook profile
- Due to wrong Outlook account settings
- Outlook PST file corruption
Steps to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc0f:
Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc0f ensures that the SMTP emails are neither sent nor received. But there are some easy techniques which you can try to get rid of this error. Try out the following steps in order to overcome this Outlook error:
- Check your internet connection- There is a possibility that your internet connection is down and therefore the website is not opening. You can reboot the router to fix this issue.
- Turn off the Antivirus software- Usually, antivirus software scans the outgoing and incoming Outlook emails and it might hamper. So disabling the third-party antivirus software and utilities might help in fixing this error.
- Turn off the Windows Firewall- This one is the very feasible solution for resolving error 0x800ccc0f
- Increase the server timeouts setting in Outlook- By extending the server timeout settings, you can fix the interrupted connections.
- Try to run Outlook in safe mode
- Repair Outlook PST files
Reach us to avail efficient services to fix the error
Are you still stuck in the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f? Does the above steps help you? Then do come in contact with our team. You can call our helpline number for receiving efficient help from our professionals. Our experts are highly qualified and experienced in handling and resolving these sort of errors. You can also send us emails mentioning your problems and we promise to look into your issue and respond back with appropriate solutions. Feel free to chat with our experts via live chat facility and get solutions online if it’s a minor issue. We provide 100% customized solutions.