Being a popular email client from Microsoft, MS Outlook has created a genre of users. In recent times, it has been named as one of the most well-known email clients because of the various types of features that it offers to its clients. If you are an Outlook user, you can definitely avail its variety of benefits, but it will be a quite frustrating situation if you come across errors in it while using. Behind the Outlook’s complex coding and algorithms, there are some issues and bugs which haunt the users and are difficult to resolve. If you encounter any intermittent error like error 0x80040600 in any version of Outlook while sending or receiving email, you can go through this article to get some solutions to fix this error code.
What is Outlook error 0x80040600?
Outlook error 0x80040600 is an error which the users encounter while trying to read, send or receive emails. This error gives an indication that the Outlook data file or PST has become corrupted. PST or Personal Storage Table is a database for Outlook which stores elements like contacts, calendars, notes, entries, email messages, tasks and everything else. There is an additional feature in this application which allows MS Outlook application to check the emails every time when you use it.
Causes that led to error 0x80040600
When Outlook error 0x80040600 error occurs, it limits the sharing of PST on different networks. Apart from that, these PST files get corrupt due to various reasons like software failure, virus attack, improper termination of MS Outlook and many more. Moreover, as soon as this error appears on your email client, there is a possibility that you lost access to all the stored data items such as contacts, journals, tasks, calendar, emails, messages, etc.
Methods to prevent Outlook error 0x80040600
- Maintain a regular backup of PST files. It is useful at the time of file recovery or version upgrade
- The moment you suspect PST file corruption, try to avoid the abrupt application closure or search for some potential remedy
- Use only authenticated software and check on updates of antivirus programs
- Prevent full storage limit issues by removing all the unnecessary data and emails carried by PST files and folders
- Try not to exceed the storage limit of PST files above 2 GB.
Step-by-step guidance to fix Outlook send receive error 0x80040600
The above methods are highly beneficial in preventing MS Outlook corruption issues. But in case, the users encounter this error in Outlook even after following the rules of prevention; you can opt for third party PST repair tool. It could sometimes fix the persisting error but this requires technical knowledge of software to look for the appropriate repair tool which possesses the capability to fix the error. With such critical outcome, it has become urgent to fix this error for enabling to access the saved data. Therefore, you can check the below mentioned steps for instant recovery of the PST files:
- Download the software setup and launch the software
- Now, locate the PST files by choosing either “Browse” option for a known location or “Search” option for unknown location
- After choosing the source, select the Single Repair file or Repair multiple files option as per your requirement
- From there. select Recovery Mode
- Click on Finish button to start the recovery process
Reach us for best-in-class solutions
Still, the issue remains unfixed? Don’t need to worry, just call us at our helpline number and grab immediate assistance from the experts. You can even drop an email to us mentioning the issue or the symptoms that you have noticed while sending or receiving emails via Outlook. We will discuss the matter and provide you with some possible suggestions which you can try to solve this error. You can also chat with our professional experts for instant solutions.