Windows users sometimes fail to access some of the websites on their Google Chrome browsers. While they try to access these websites, they encounter an error message which says ” The server could not be found.” Generally, this error pops-up on random pages and it does not block the access the websites from all browsers, but some browsers are restricted to access. Even some users have reported that the pop-up of this error is accompanied by the corruption of the different add-ons and extensions on the Google Chrome browser.
What is “The server could not be found” error?
If you are a Google Chrome user, you might get this “The server could not be found” error anytime while browsing the internet. This is one of the most popular Google Chrome error, which is very frequently encountered by the different users. This error is related to the DNS misconfiguration. It can appear in any version of Windows be it Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. This issue appears when the domain that you are trying to access is down. This usually happens when there occurs any change in the IP address at the server level.
Prominent causes of “The server could not be found” error:
There is a multitude of reasons responsible for “The server could not be found the error” on Google Chrome. Few of them are as follows:
- Due to the unresponsive domain
- Inaccessible DNS server
- If IP address change at a server-level
Usually, the IP address of the website which you are trying to access is used in the packet to packet communication to transfer the data and information to its destination. So, if the DNS server failed to retrieve the IP address of the website, then the Chrome browser will display this error.
Potential solutions that you must try to overcome the issue:
There are some rare cases in which this Google Chrome error appears due to potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). These programs interfere with the browser and thus appears the error. You can try to solve the issue by running a full system scan using a professional system optimization tool. If this does not resolve the issue, then try out the below-mentioned steps one by one:
- Clear-Host cache
As there is the possibility that this “server could not be found” error might be related to the extensions, add-ons or plugins, therefore, clearing the DNS cache and Host cache might sometimes resolve the issue. For doing this, you can follow the given procedure:
- Open Google Chrome browser and click on the Menu icon
- From there, choose the option ” New Incognito Window.”
- Now copy the link “chrome://net-internals/#dns” and paste it into the URL bar, press Enter
- Find and click on the Clear-Host Cache button
- After it is done, click on the Windows key and select the Command Prompt option
- Copy and paste the commands provided over there and press Enter
- At last, close the Command Prompt and restart the Google Chrome
- Configure DNS servers
Follow these steps to eliminate the problems:
- Press the Windows key and type Control Panel in it
- Choose the Control Panel option and click on the “Network and Sharing center.”
- From there, select the Change adapter settings and right-click on the LAN or WAN connection
- Select properties and then “Obtain DNS server address automatically.”
- Click on OK
Still, the issue remains unresolved? Reach us for further information
In case, the above steps unable to eliminate the problem, then come in contact with us by calling us at our helpline number for availing prominent solutions to fix this error. You might also email us your problems and we will respond back with the possibilities to resolve the error within a specified time-limit. You can also choose to chat with our professionals through live chat facility and grab immediate solutions for the issues.